First, Carla, this is why I love you - you are so technically savvy and would actually take the time to start this blog!! I feel so honored to be a part of this! I don't really know what to type right now, just that I'm happy to know you too. I am so glad we met when we did! Oh, I know, Carla you said in your post that you were kind of nervous meeting Wendy for coffee, I was the same way with her too, feeling like I was having to impress her to be my friend - like a date - I had butterflies in my tummy and everything. I think it was b/c I hadn't really had to go out and make friends until then. Anyhow, apparently Wendy, you are so cool!
So, onto life right now, it sucks in our house - how is it that we are the only people I know being affected by this recession. Mark's job is at a standstill now, no work on the horizon. Not sure what we are going to do. My job might get cut b/c of school/state cuts. So, I am now actively looking for hospital work(hoping post partum somewhere), which would pay more and would mean less money for daycare. Seriously, if we didn't have daycare, we would be living high on the hog, maybe even going to friggin Maui like we had planned! I'm so jealous Carla, I'm happy for you, but jealous! Anyhow, the move is probably on hold just because of work with Mark and our lack of any extra cash to have to get us to CA and to even float us for a month or so, until things got situated. So, we'll be in our same small place that we thought we'd only be in a year - for yet another (going on 4 years now). I talked to my Mom tonight about it and she said "At least you are in a good neighborhood", which really does make a difference, if we were in a crappy place in a crappy area, Oh man I'd be so sad. We are going to go to CA this summer but not even sure how that will happen right now. At least I have a companion ticket for Jakob and miles for Mark but I will have to pay for my ticket. And, if I need to get a new job, then vacation might be difficult. I grew up poor, well kind of poor, but never thought that we'd be poor, but we kind of are. Just making it. We have Jakob in soccer and preschool - which is good but I guess, just not having nice cars and a nice house and the ability to travel, to me, seems like we are poor. Anyhow, I guess we can only go up from here and hope next year is better. That's what we said last year!! AAH!
C'mon Obama that's all I have to say!
Ok, I didn't want to have a bummer of a post here. So, I'll end with a happy note, we had dinner with Erika Bergmann- Walin and Guy - and met a bunch of their friends, who all had kids, it was really nice. Erika and Guy are going to start coming over to watch Lost with us, so that will be good!
I love you girlies and really appreciate you "listening" to my blabber here on the blog!
Carla, I need to know your secrets to why you and Josh are so good right now! Mark and I had a heart to heart this weekend, more of that to come. But, we just really aren't connected right now and I think a lot has to do with his emotions around meeting Molly - and of course, he doesn't want to see a counselor!! Men, I tell you - seriously why do we get married and have kids? I do think I need to live in a Commune or something like that!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment